Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Kid DIY: Reusable Lunchbox Napkins

So I'm not necessarily the craftiest of moms, but I do try and "save the environment" whenever I can. I have been using reusable grocery bags for years and have even dabbled with Lunchskins (although I don't think they hold sandwiches well). So when I came across this post on Pinterest from 100 Days of Real Food I knew I had to immediately surrender and make these! 

Photo courtesy of 100 Days of Real Food


Reusable lunch sized napkins for your kids lunchboxes - genius! Day after day I had put a new napkin in each of my girls lunchboxes without thinking twice. Napkins are cheap so whats the real harm? Well the fact that they were even rarely used was the problem. I was throwing away barely touched napkins every single day. Again, you might be thinking this is a bit ridiculous, but honestly I have felt so much better ever since implementing this at the beginning of the school year. I purchased about 6 plain white cocktail napkins from amazon.com for about $5.00 and my oldest daughter and I tie dyed them ourselves and although I still continue to buy paper napkins for use while at home, everyday they now get a fun napkin in their lunch which I can easily wash alongside their clothes. 

Its really as simple as that and a step in the right direction of cutting costs and helping the environment - one pink napkin at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment