Thursday, August 8, 2013

Back to School Cookbook: Slow Cooker Freezer Recipes

Images provided by Stephanie Cornais of Mama & Baby Love

The idea that I'm already uttering the words "back to school" in the first week of August gives me the chills...but for very good reason! I'll spare you my spiel on how much I sincerely love Stephanie Cornais of Mama & Baby Love who I came across via her website some time ago. I find her intriguing, intelligent, and genuine about all things family and food - two of the most important things to me - nourishing my family inside and out.

She had written Slow Cooker Freezer Recipes and I immediately went online to buy it, to then read it cover to cover in one sitting. I started planning my families meals instantly based on her recommendations. I was already a pretty good meal planner myself, but I'm sure you can relate to the weekly set of standard (and sometimes dull) meals. Stephanie's recipes are 95% grain-free, gluten-free and dairy free. And although I don't follow one strict rule of diet - except healthy variety - I think its important to take food seriously and make sure you're feeding your kids the best they can possibly have. Putting her recipes in my family's repertoire has brought more variety and clean nutrition into their lives and has allowed me peace of mind.

So, back to her "back to school" recipes! Think Harvest Pork Roast, Beef Stew, and Tex Mex Chicken. This book has everything you need - shopping lists, simple step by step directions, and even labels for your freezer bags. It leaves nothing to the imagination and enables you to meal prep in no time and have a delicious and healthy dinner on the table in minutes during those crazy school weeks of carpool, sports schedules, and homework.  Allow yourself that extra time in the evenings with your family and not worry so much about preparing that gourmet meal at 6 o'clock at night during the "witching hour" of tantrums and chaos.

The best part of Stephanie's strategy is in the title of her book - Back to School: Slow Cooker Freezer Recipes - in which all your dinner prep requires on that day is pulling your frozen prepped meal from the freezer and placing it in your slow cooker in the morning. Done. That's it. Its ready when you are. What more can I say about it but, ENJOY!

4 comments:

  1. Writing is always my passion & has written creative articles that help HP Printer users to execute 123.hp.com/setup, software download, troubleshooting and much more. Start writing if you are interested and convey your ideas through writing. Contact me @ +1-844-876-5110 if you would like to know more about my profile

    ReplyDelete