Friday, February 15, 2013

Nutrition. Health & Wellness. Live and Love.

Ahhh...all the things I love. Nutrition. Health & Wellness. Living and Loving.

What else do you need? As long as we have these essentials we'll be ok. This is the motto I run my family from and it seems to be working for us. I promise it can work for you too.

What I have come to learn over the years is once you stop obsessing about food it works with you, not against you. If only I had these tools when I was young I would understand the world of health and nutrition better and use food to help me feel good, study better, run faster, be more aware. Instead we choose to fill our bodies with chemicals and toxins which only harm us. And then, in adulthood we spend countless hours trying to reverse all of the damage. For what? Lets instead teach our children what we didn't know and allow them to make these healthy choices for themselves. Allow them to realize when they choose poorly, the results aren't fun. Feeling tired, continuously hungry, emotional, even depressed. There is so much that food can give us and we're not providing our bodies the proper nutrition to thrive.

Once we figure out the proper tools of nutrition, living is much more fun. Our attitudes change, our outlook changes, even sometimes our passion changes (wink wink). A few tweaks in our diets can make all the difference in how we feel.

Love - who doesn't need, want, crave love? Whether it be from a parent, spouse, sibling, child, or pet. Love is that unconditional feeling of acceptance and support. Smiling is love. Kindness is love. Hugs are love. Food is not. Food is not here to fill a void. Its for nourishment and growth. Once we allow ourselves to understand that, it'll be your "ah ha" moment.

Enjoy your weekend. Tips start Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Nice blog. I've checked out some of your posts and I learned some new things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! I love all of the positive feedback I've been getting and I appreciate you taking the time to tell me :)

      Delete
  2. Restaurant purchasing ChefMod: Professionally managed restaurant purchasing software solution for foodservice. Our simple to use ordering and receiving platform saves time and money. EZRecipe for recipe management and live costing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. best hand cream for dry hands Visit eantiagingcream.com for best hand cream for dry hands & intensive hand cream- hand creams. Several purchase ready options of Anti-Aging Creams, Anti-Wrinkle Creams.

    ReplyDelete