Sunday, February 24, 2013

Oprah's 21 Day Meditation Challenge



Don't try to argue yourself out of your impulses and drives. - Deepak Chopra
#supersoulsunday

My beautiful and talented sister-in-law sent me an online invitation the other day for Oprah & Deepak Chopra's 21-Day Meditation Challenge. She's very spiritual and pretty bright so I immediately hopped on board. With such a busy day to day schedule with three little ones I really don't take enough time for myself. Even when I get the kids down for their naps I find myself making excuses of what needs to be done around the house or I begin preparing for the next day. Taking this time each day really will be a challenge for me - and I welcome it!

I encourage you all to try it too. We can all do it together. Its a simple way to take time for yourself to reflect on all of the happiness and wonderful things in your life. Its a commitment to your well being and you'll be proud of yourself for completing it. Its easier than running a marathon right?! ;)

According to researchers at Harvard Medical School, here are 7 scientifically proven benefits of meditation:

  1. Increased Immunity
  2. Emotional Balance
  3. Increased Fertility
  4. Relieves Irritable Bowel Syndrome
  5. Lowers Blood Pressure
  6. Anti-Inflammatory
  7. Calmness
Source: http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/relax--its-good-for-you-20090819-eqlo.html#ixzz1kQtHr9Pm

If you ever thought meditation was not for you, you're not alone. I didn't know much about it myself until a few years ago. What I have come to learn it it can do wonders for your stress level - not to mention your soul. Thank you, Kate.

Two ways to join:
http://www.oprahdeepakmeditation.com/Bestsellers/LandingPage.aspx?BookId=178&af=850
Download an APP called the 21 Day Meditation Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment