Friday, February 15, 2013

About Me: From One Mama to Another

Hi, my name is Kristen. I am a stay at home mother of 3 beautiful children (ages 5,3, & 1) and a Nutrition and Wellness Advocate. I have never been more passionate about health & wellness until I was pregnant with my first child over 5 years ago. 

Although I always knew that eating healthy was the right thing to do, I never knew why. The "why" is the most important. It can help us grow, heal, cure, concentrate, and ultimately live better. My goal is to educate kids NOW before its too late on how to read their own bodies and do all of these wonderful things for themselves.

I consider my kids to be healthy eaters (for the most part) and I constantly get asked questions as to how that is possible. My quick answer is to start them early - eating as much variety and healthy options as possible when they're little. I still have many "kid staples" in my pantry because my intention is to not deprive them from making some of their own decisions when it comes to food, but rather to allow them to hopefully make the better choice when it comes to what they want for a snack.

I’m not an expert, nor am I claiming to be. I'm always learning and through trial and error I have compiled enough knowledge to know what is good and what we shouldn't be putting into our bodies - let alone, our children’s. I'll be the first to admit I love sweets and its important to me not to deprive myself of a little treat every once in a while. I am not here to tell you what you can’t eat - I’m here to tell you all of the wonderfully nourishing things you CAN! And those important “cans” will lead you in the right path of good choices.

Health is it, kids. And we all have choices to make. Breakfast. Lunch. Dinner. Each day provides us with the opportunity to choose. Lets choose right!

While I thrive on all things healthy, I am far from perfect. I consider myself an average suburban mama who wants nothing else than to share positive and insightful information that might help another mother out there. Recently dubbed the Nutrition Mama by my girlfriends, I will provide you my tips & tricks I have learned over the years and how they work for my family. I hope they work for yours too!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment