Friday, February 22, 2013

Mommy's Morning Time

Wow!! As I wake up this morning to snag some much needed Mommy Time, I log onto my computer to see my 1 week old baby (my blog) has hit 1,000 views! I'm so honored that so many are taking a liking to it. Its flattering :)

The truth is, I have always been a morning person...until I had my third baby. There is just so much more to do now during the day that my sleep time became more precious. Instead of setting the alarm, I began waking up whenever the baby (he's 1 now) woke up which usually meant he was crying so I would rush downstairs to fill a bottle before he would wake the little girls. Waking up to a hungry baby is almost as abrupt as waking up to an alarm in the morning which I never really liked anyway - I never wanted to compare my precious baby boy to an alarm clock. So what's the solution, you ask? Well, I was talking to a dear friend the other day who reminded me how precious that time is in the morning when all is quiet in the house while little ones are still asleep. And how taking advantage of that hour (or even 30 min) can make all the difference to your day. I'm in my 30's now, but in my 20's it was my exercise hour - I went for a run outside, did yoga at my local studio, a Pilates DVD, you name it! Once I was done that hour of exercise I felt energized, refreshed, and ready to take on whatever the day had for me. Not to mention my workout was over..yeah!  Once I got pregnant with my third baby I was more worn out, I nursed him for almost a year (which required a 4am wake-up call on most mornings), and just had a busier schedule in general. Then after my dear sweet friend reminded me that is what keeps her sane, it didn't take me long to enjoy that morning hour once again. Its winter now and a bit chilly - I never liked running in the cold - so for me, this hour right now consists of catching up on emails (uninterrupted), sipping my morning coffee, and looking out my front window watching the school kids hop on the morning bus. Its bliss!


So often as mommies we're so worried about others, mainly our kids, we forget about ourselves. Its not selfish to do things for yourself once in a while. A happy mom brings joy into her kids life. You'll radiate with a sense of calm which can only add happiness to your home.

If you choose to carve out some time for yourself during the day - uninterrupted alone time - you won't regret it.

I'm a huge proponent of peace - whatever that means to you. A moment of self-reflection, prayer, meditation  relaxation, yoga, etc. As a mom, it will help you in whatever form you choose. It will bring you peace and release some stress which is good for your body & soul.

Don't forget to take care  of YOU! And thank you Lisa for reminding me to take care of ME :) xo


No comments:

Post a Comment