Monday, April 11, 2016

I'm learning to be tired...and thats ok!

Hi!

Its been a while...so lets chat!! As you can see I basically skipped 2015 - where does the time go?? I've been thinking about you all and even talking to some of you "offline" and everyone seems so great. I'm great too, but just a little bit tired. So there it is. Not sure if it ever goes away and probably takes on different forms throughout our lives, but I took a bit of a "nap" over this past year. All for good reasons!

In my world of one husband, and 8 yr old, 6 yr old, 4 yr old and 6th month old...I'm tired. Period. And yes, you read that correctly, I have a 6th month old baby girl! It's been some time since I've last posted and lots has happened. Good, bad and better 💗. I've missed you!

Ms Taylor Ann was born in October 2015 and completed our family - she's amazing. Weighing in at a whopping 19lbs (at 6 months, not birth) we love every roll and chubby cheek this girl has to offer. She's sleeping like a champ, rolling over, eating food - obviously, and smiles all day long.

So basically I'm learning to embrace being tired instead of trying to fight it. Fight it with that second (or third) cup of coffee, or those dreaded girl scout cookies (and all other sugars in my pantry). My arch enemies. Alcohol still helps... Don't get me wrong. Girls nights and date nights are a necessary and important part of parenting and a cocktail is just what I need sometimes at the end of a hard day. What I would do without them?!? But I wouldn't trade this life for anyone others so why wouldn't I embrace being sleepy every so often. Lie down when I need to (easier said than done) or let the laundry pile up - who cares. My 6 year old wears dirty clothes anyway (thats a whole nother blog post..ugh).



(I wish I could nap like that)

What I'm getting at and why I'm writing this post is that I think sometimes you just have to slow down. It's how we keep ourselves healthy from the inside out. Yoga has done that for me. I've always loved yoga but never been able to implement that much in my life because i've always had a hard time slowing down. I like to run ...that's always my thing. Getting out on a trail and just running to music is something I look forward to each and every day. But with four kids it also can provide me with much unnecessary and unneeded exhaustion. I was waking up at 5/6am at some points to go running before the kids got up. Yoga has been a savior for me. At least once a week now I've been able to take some me time I just slow down and breathe. Its provided me clarity that I don't need to exhaust myself in order to feel better (aka sweat it out). Yoga is my naptime, my downtime, to slow down and take a moment.

Think about what babies do when they're tired..they take a nap. It's their much-needed rest to wake up smiling and happy again. We need to find what takes us to that place in our own self so we can wake up with wide eyed and be happy. So this past year I was able to take my nap, figuratively speaking. Just taking time for myself and enjoying my family trying to embrace my pregnancy, and delivering a beautiful baby girl this past October! I feel so much more whole and complete. Try not to stress about the small stuff and take each day as it comes. It's really helped me. I don't live up to other people's expectations... Only my own. And so should you! If life gets to be too much or you have to much on your plate remember you can always ask for help or just take your "nap". I promise you'll feel like new again very soon 💗

No comments:

Post a Comment