Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Dear Daughter: As You Head to Kindergarten

Dear Sweet Grace,

This week has certainly been full of changes - for both you and I. Although I feel you have been ready for kindergarten for years, its still hard to let you go. You were my first baby girl and we have spent countless hours together for the past 6 years. I stopped working shortly after you were born which has brought me insight into a world of stay-at-home motherhood I never thought I would be able to experience. My parents worked full time while I was growing up. I never a thought that I would be able to raise my own children on a daily basis and be there for the ins and outs of your ups & downs. As crazy as it can get, every second has been worth it!


Kindergarten is a big step for any parent and child. Its a full time gig. There are so many things I could tell you right now - how to act, how to meet friends, how to behave, etc. But whats the fun in that. One of the biggest accomplishments a child receives for attending school is to embark on their own journey. You have to learn for yourself how to navigate through life. How to handle friendships and being away from mom. No one ever said it was easy, but its an important factor of life - to let you go. My job is to be there for you when you need me and to remind you of how much you are loved. School prepares you for the world - a world of differences, of imperfections, of beautiful days, and not so beautiful days.

Although this has been one of the longest weeks of my life - without my baby girl - wondering if you're happy, if you're making friends, if you're doing alright. I know deep down in my heart that you're in a safe place that will help you grow into an even more beautiful young girl with so much to offer the world.

I only have one wish for all my kids - to be happy. I wish only pure joy for you!

Love,

Mommy xoxo

1 comment: