Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Top 10 Weeknight Family Meals

So an ongoing conversation I've been having with all of my mommy friends these days is "what's for dinner?". The options used to be endless pre-kids where you could try out a new recipe you found in a magazine (now, Pinterest) or maybe an old family favorite mom used to make. But these days with little ones requiring so much of our attention and brain power its hard to even come up with a new meal each day. One suggestion I have is creating a Meal Calendar. This has helped me tremendously since becoming a mom - keeping me organized, on top of my grocery trips, and simply remembering what I might have buried in the freezer from last months Costco run.

But to get back to my point of my mommy friends - we decided a few months back to do a recipe swap. These recipes would be family favorites, kid-friendly, and minimal ingredients where possible! Throw in a recipe that can be created, cooked, and served out of a slow cooker and we have a winner!!


Below are my Top 10 Weeknight Family Meals that I wanted to share with you. Keep in mind that my children are small - so simple is better. I recommend you trying out one or two and always tweak it to your family's taste. I promise you won't regret it. Enjoy!
  1. Homemade Mac & Cheese
  2. Homemade Pizzas
  3. Shredded Chicken/Gound Turkey Tacos w/ Homemade Guacamole, Rice and Beans
  4. Roasted Chicken with Root Vegetables
  5. White Chicken Chili served with rice & diced avocado
  6. Homemade Spaghetti Sauce served with pasta & salad 
  7. Ricotta Meatballs served with pasta & salad
  8. Roasted Chicken Thighs (aka Holy Yum Chicken)
  9. Salmon with Lemon & Capers served with risotto, salad & veggie
  10. Turkey Burgers with Sweet Potato Fries
Thanks to my mommy friends who passed along some delicious recipes to my family & cheers to other moms out there helping each other put good, homemade food on the dinner table!

No comments:

Post a Comment