Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Mommy Lifesaver #6: Crap-Baskets

Speaking of Pinterest, have you ever heard of Crap-Baskets? I'm not sure who really coined the term, but I find it 100% fitting. The baskets, which are placed on your main staircase, are to contain all the crap that your kids (or husband) leave around.

Each one of my kids has a designated basket - with a cute little tag & their name on it - that contains any of their stuff that they need to go from the main floor to their rooms. My kids are little so I help alot in pointing them in the right direction when it comes to cleaning up and keeping things neat. I hope that these baskets remain a part of our organization through the point in time at which they can carry them up the stairs themselves, empty them in their rooms, and put their own damn things away :) Added benefit - they look much prettier than piles of toys, shoes, etc. sitting on my stairs which are the main focus when you walk into my house. As most of you know with kids, they never seem to contain their junk in just one place. This has been a process I implemented almost 2 years ago and I've been happy with it ever since!


If crap-baskets aren't your thing, I encourage you to find something that works for you...especially if it means your kids will be able to carry on the responsibility of cleaning up after themselves some day!

2 comments:

  1. Hi I'm David! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog!
    David.D.Haas22{at}gmail{dot}com

    ReplyDelete