Thursday, March 20, 2014

Disney World Tips & Tricks

Hi all!!! Happy first day of Spring!

I apologize that its been quite some time since my last post, but after planning Disney throughout the holidays I vowed to take a break and focus on my kids (and plan for a 1/2 marathon which I will discuss later). This winter weather hasn't been on our side so we've been sticking together, indoors mostly, trying to come up with activities to keep us busy. Anyway, since our trip I've gotten tons of questions about Disney - how to plan, where to begin, where to stay, meal plan or not, etc. Here are a few of my tips & tricks that I would recommend to you. There are so many resources out there - these just happened to be a few I loved!

I honestly could not have planned the trip to Disney myself. I reached out for help of many of family members and spent countless hours on websites researching what to wear, what to pack, where to go, what rides are best, what time of month to go....you get it. I would like to share some of those people and websites that made it all come together so seamlessly.



  1. I've recommended her before, and I will again, but Staci Kimball from Glass Slipper Concierge is amazing. I won't gush on her again, but feel free to read my previous post on her and what she can do for you. You won't regret it!
  2. Magic Bands: Read up, but I don't think our trip would have been as successful as it was without these babies. From holding information such as your room key, to your meal plan, to pre-booking Fastpasses for rides, these are a revolution for Disney!
  3. WDW Prep School's What to Pack was essential - and they were right on the money.
  4. WDW Planning Resources Page. Need I say more. Your welcome.
  5. Disney Tourist Blog's What to Pack for Disney is a good resource as well.
  6. Disney Tourist Blog's Dining Plan: This was something that was confusing to me until we got to Disney. The overview on this site is very helpful to allow you to lay out your options and walk you through what is available to you when using the Disney Dining Plan (which I highly recommend).
  7. My Disney Experience website & App: After downloading the app to your mobile phone you are able to plug in all of your Disney details and reservations so they're easily accessible and readily available any time of the day or night!
Those are just a few of the people and website that helped my through my planning process. The fact that people have already done the research and lay it out for you so simply is amazing. Take their advice, but remember this is YOUR family whom you know best. Enjoy yourself and your trip will be perfect no matter what. Its Disney World after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment