Saturday, August 23, 2014

Discover Your Nutritional Style: Book Review!!

Discover Your Nutritional Style: 

Your Seasonal Plan to a Healthy, Happy & Delicious Life


Order your copy today! Use Code: CHOICES for 20% off!

I'm in awe..

In a few years everyone is going to know Holli Thompson's name. You cannot possibly read her book and not fall instantly in love. She is highly relatable and her concepts are smart and simple. One of the reasons I started this blog was to share the most amazing things I came across and want to share with all of you. This book is one of those things!!

I think of Holli as my kindred spirit - although she'll describe her path to good nutritional style as a story of raw medical issues and undiscovered intolerances, mine was more of a personal choice to discover better nutrition when I got pregnant with my first child. I didn't grow up with the knowledge of why we eat food, and how it all works together (if chosen wisely).. Holli's book makes me smile because its all I've ever wanted to share with others and yet her extensive knowledge on the topic peaks in my core to learn more. I could not put this book down!

Throughout her book she describes eating for the seasons - seasonal produce which would mean organic and in season to fuel your soul (and tummy, of course). In her seasonal descriptions she made me want to ride a bike in the Spring, wander in fields all Summer, make soup in the Fall and cozy up under a blanket in the Winter. Each season provides us with nature and nutritional leads we can take advantage of if we so choose. The bounty of fruits & vegetables available each season should be your eating guide. I never really thought of that before. Yes, of course I always take advantage of whats in season, but we certainly have our staples. Holli is right, if its not in season and it comes from miles away...is it really still that nutritious for us. The answer is no, not really.

Holli also uses the word "choice" often in her book, which I love for obvious reasons. She reminds you all the way through her Nutritional Style coaching that it ultimately is your choice as to what you eat, how you move, and how you approach this. She is here to guide you all the way through if you allow her...but that is a choice you have to make! Her excitement about food is something I can relate to - from planning my daily meals to searching for new recipes on Pinterest. I can't get enough. She takes you on a year-round journey of health. Even through the dreaded holiday season.

Her Holiday Recovery section will have you encouraged and ready to conquer December gatherings like a true champion...no more winter blues and seasonal depression. You'll take her words of advice and use them as motivation at your next holiday party!

My Review: Must have book of the season! Nutritional Bible, easy read, deliciously descriptive. Not a tell all, but more of a how to. Fall in love with Holli. She'll become your food friend and guide without ever having to leave your home. This book will change you life for the better. I can't wait to share it with my friends and family...you will love her just as much as I do!


No gimmicks, no fads, no diet, just simple eating from the Earth and she'll teach you how Mother Nature is our guide and how to listen to our own bodies. No two digestion systems are alike - we all need to take care of ourselves. For a sweet-tooth like me her Banana Nut Ice Cream recipe is insane and her Famous Creamy Cauliflower Soup is going to be a staple on my dinner table this Fall.

She teaches you about herbs and not only how yummy they can be,but also helpful in fighting diseases and inflammation. And you don't have to be diagnosed with arthritis to have inflammation...most people don't even know they have it until they start taking care of it. I would like to move away from the over the counter anti-inflammatories and aspirins and focus more on proactively taking care of our systems from the inside out.

She gives you recipe ideas, meal plans for your nutritional style, and even all natural beauty regimes you'll want to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment