Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Our Summer: A Kitchen Rennovation

Well, we've had quite the summer so far...

Since last Spring we have been gearing up for a pretty major kitchen renovation. Having to be the General Contracor of this project (while still managing my 3 little ones) has left me not much alone time, if any at all. Its been one of the most challenging and exciting things I have done to date. Scouring Houzz.com and Pinterest was my daily/nightly routine for months before we even broke ground. Staring at friends and relatives kitchens, in and out of home decorating stores, researching tile, picking out fixtures, you name it...it was exhausting!

After everything was delicately chosen we made sure to order ever little piece of tile, lighting, knob, faucet, appliance, cabinetry, etc. before we began to make sure there would be no lag time. Having your entire 1st floor ripped up while living in it isn't something I recommend. Dust, dust, and more dust! My coffee pot was in my bathroom, microwave in basement, and more paper products than one could imagine. The good news though was the contractor said it would only take 4 weeks...WHAT!?! Not possible, most people thought. Well, they did it. They got it done in 4 weeks flat - we couldn't be happier and its everything we ever imagined.

Here are some before & after photos...

BEFORE






AFTER





For obvious reasons I couldn't be happier that the project is now complete! On top of us having our kitchen back up and running, I sort of have a little piece of my life back. No more vendor meetings, daily trips to Home Depot, numerous "work" phone calls, dragging kids around, and so on. We have 3 weeks left of summer and I plan on taking full advantage and RELAXING!

I hope you've enjoyed your summer as much as we have ours...a little hectic at first, but ended with a fabulous family beach vacation and a few weeks to chill at home and/or by the pool. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment