Friday, May 31, 2013

Dear Friend

You know how when you were little you used to blurt out everything you felt to other kids- you're my best friend, you're the best, your shoes are so pretty, I love your sparkly skirt, and so on. Why don't we do that more as grown ups? Wouldn't you feel good receiving a compliment everyday - whether it be your hair, your shoes, your helpfulness, your generosity, etc. I always think to tell people how much they mean to me and how wonderful I think they are and then it slips my mind more quickly than it enters it. Why is that? My friends mean the world to me and there is nothing more I want than to let them know that. As you get older (or at least I've noticed myself), you appreciate life a bit more and all it has to offer. You try not and take things for granted as you realize life can easily pass you by. Its an inevitable part of life that you begin to attend more births and more funerals - it hopefully enables you to embrace your own life and be compassionate to those going through tough times (knowing one day you'll be there too).

Besides family, friends are your backbone in life (or at least they are mine). As you get older the friendships change, but always remain so close to your heart. I would like to tell each friend just how much I love them....and you know who you are!


This is just a small sampling of my dear friends. 
Dear Friend,

When I see you, I hug you. I'm excited to see you and I love you. Even when I can't be with you often, I love you. We met in this life for a reason and that reason stands true to this day. Every person has a purpose and I'm lucky to have you. When I'm happy, I think of you. When I'm sad, I think of you. You are important to me - always. I don't want life to pass me by before I can tell you again how much you mean to me. You make me laugh when we're having fun, you pick me up when I am down and you support me when I am hurt. Just because we don't see each other as much as we used to, doesn't mean I still don't love you. You do, and always will, mean so much to me. We met in childhood, in a sports camp, in high school, in college, at work, and through mutual friends- you're so special to me and I mean that! One day I will find the courage to individually express my sincerest gratitude for your friendship. But for right now, this will have to do. You know who you are - you're my true friend!

With love,

Kristen xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment