Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Letter to My Daughters: Don't Blink

Its amazing how quickly life can pass you by if you're not paying attention. My advice to you both is don't blink or you will miss some of the best things life has to offer. I want you to take advantage of every moment. You're growing up way too fast - right before mommy & daddy's eyes. I try not to let a day go by that I don't look at your tiny painted fingers & toes, wide beautiful eyes, and sweet little ears because I never want to forget them as you grow bigger.

I once was known for taking an abundance of photos, but nothing can capture the moment of your first steps, saying "mama", being so proud of yourself when you finally learn to go on the potty, and now learning to ride a bike. Life can be so overwhelming, filled with distractions but if we just stop to soak it all in every once in a while I think we'd appreciate it much more.



This week is a bit bittersweet for me and the reason I've been a little busy lately. Its the last week of school for my girls and the final days of preschool for my Grace - about to begin Summer and enter Kindergarten in the Fall! Where does the time go? I'm so ready for her to take the next steps into school which she loves so much, but I just can't help but remember sending her off on her first day almost 4 years ago. Wow!



And then there is my sweet and vibrant Hadley. She started a new school this year with her best friend & cousin (pictured above). I didn't think I would get emotional, but today was her preschool graduation and I had to miss it due to my baby being sick. I got so emotional when she walked in the door with her little graduation cap on. She's a big girl now! Next year she'll be entering a new school (her big sister's school) and I couldn't be happier, but this is a big step for a stay at home mom who's been surrounded by kids and chaos for the last 5 1/2 years. Next year I'll have more time without them than with them, its hard.

Although I'm excited for their journey, sometimes you just want to keep your little girls by your side forever. Don't get me wrong - there are many (many) days when they drives me crazy, but don't all kids? These are two special little girls and I cannot wait to see what they grow up to be...but not too quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment