Tuesday, May 14, 2013

GOTR: Top 5 Summer Salads

Happy Tuesday!

For my final installment for my Girls on the Run group, I'd love to talk Summer! As we're approaching the end of the school year and anticipating the long hot summer days I can't think of anything sweeter and light than a good salad. Now, I have previously talked about Mason Jar Salads which I still think are phenomenal for any summer day. These salads below are great to whip up for a family gathering and will last in the fridge for days. So the next time your GOTR girl and her friend says "Mom, I'm hungry and we have nothing to eat" tell her to grab a fork and eat up!

Here are some of my Summer favs and I hope you'll enjoy them too!
  1. Watermelon Feta Salad by Life's Ambrosia
  2. Simple Quinoa Salad by Curtis Stone
  3. Avocado & Grilled Corn Salad* by Keep it Skinny
  4. Strawberry Salad with Candied Walnuts by Our Share of the Harvest
  5. Quinoa Vegetable Salad with Lemon-Basil Dressing by The Garden Grazer
*Side Note: One the Avocado Salad instead of said dressing, I typically do Sea Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper (to taste) with a whole fresh squeezed lemon and a Tbsp of Red Wine Vinegar!

These salads are all made with very simple ingredients and take little time to make. Might I add that they're delicious and will go well alone or on the side of any meat - chicken, beef, or fish. Enjoy!

I wish the girls the best of luck on Sunday & hope their summer is filled with good fun, good friends, & good food!


Girls on the Run Newsletter Week 11: http://www.girlsontherun.org/
My Personal Blog: Choices: Nutrition.Life.Love.



No comments:

Post a Comment