Thursday, May 2, 2013

My Favorite Skin Care Products

As with my hair care product selection, my skin care regimen has changed over the years - as it should with everyone as they age. The problem with skin care is you have to really be careful about what you put on your skin. What you choose when you're 15 can come back to bite you in the ass in you're 20's and 30's if you're not careful. Your skin is so important and can say so much about how well you take care of yourself.

First and foremost, hydration...hydration...hydration. It is something I'm very guilty of, and work so hard at each day to get in my intended about of water. A good rule of thumb for an active person to staying hydrated is to drink your body weight in ounces. The warm lemon water in the morning has helped tremendously!


OK, back to the fun stuff. I have combination and dehydrated skin so my typical routine goes:


Morning
CervVe Hydrating Wash*
Cadaulie Vinosource S.O.S. Thirst Quenching Serum
CerVe AM Facial Moustierizing Lotion*
Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream





Evening
Neova Radiant Skin Cleasner Facewash*
CerVe PM Facial Mousterizing Lotion*
ROC Retinnol Correction Deep Wrinkle Night Cream
Dermalogica Overnight Clearing Gel

*My dermatologist recommended these a couple of years ago and I've never turned back. These products have saved my skin!

As for the Cadaulie Serum I don't know how I ever lived without this. It is an amazing product I stumbled upon about a year or so ago. It soaks right up in your skin leaving a clean slate for your moisturizer to go on evenly and allowing your make-up to settle nicely on your face.

So this was a fun project - I recruited some of my gorgeous and insightful girlfriends (aka beauty consultants) to give me their take on favorite skin care products and here's what they said:

Ashleigh Says:
Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser
Dermalogica Daily Face Wash
Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System 
Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Synchronized Complex
Neutrogena SkinClearing Blemish Concealer

Beth Says:
Olay Regenerist Facewash
Loreal Youth Code
Balm Concealer
Lumene Vitamin C Beads


Bridget Says:
I love any and all Dermalogica products:
-Active Moist
-Skin Smoothing Cream
-Overnight Clearing Gel
-Dermal Clay Cleanser
Blue Mercury's M-61 Fast Blast Vitamin C Facial Mask

Kate Says:
Dove soap & Aveeno Moisterizer
CeraVe Lotion
Aquafor for Eyes & Nose
Baking Soda + Dove Soap = Perfect Exfoliator

Lisa Says:
Philosophy When Hope Is Not Enough Firming Serum
Philosophy Turbo Booster C Powder
MD Forte II Facial Cream
CeraVe Lotion
Kiehl's Rosa Arctica Eye Cream or Clinique's All About Eyes (I do love this stuff too!!)

All of these ladies couldn't be more unique and more beautiful. It just goes to show you that there are so many products out there and even all of us, good friends, don't have to use the same products. Not all skin types are created equal. We all use what works for us. That is the most important lesson you learn as you age - don't follow the fads. I will add that we all agreed on one thing - wear your SPF daily!! In the meantime, find what works for your skin and what will nourish it for the future and go from there!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing information. My friend also told me for this product. But I do not have more information but now I have. Nice skin care routine.

    Alison Clarke
    obagi nu derm starter kit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alison! These are wonderful and versatile products that are great for all skin types. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete