Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Barnes and Noble: Hidden Gem!

Who knew?!

I used to take my oldest daughter on fun "field trips" and play outings when she was little. She got all the fun stuff - playgroups, music classes, Little Gyms, etc. The more kids I had, the less I seemed to do. It became easier to have friends over, go to parks and playgrounds, or simply stay home. After this dreary winter I became determined to get my kids involved in more activities. We started gymnastics and decided to head back out there during the week to discover new fun places - one of which was Barnes & Noble. Now, we used to hit up story times at the local bookstore often throughout the years, but in time they became a big turn off. They were too crowded, noisy, the kids were distracted, and one time the instructor even seemed to get a bit annoyed. That was it for me! 

My little man with his Legos.

A week or so ago, both my girls were in school so I took my little man on an outing to Barnes & Noble in Bethesda - "Wow!" is all I could think. It was beautiful! It was so child friendly and very welcoming to kids of a variety of ages. It was also quiet and a great place for me to relax while watching my sweet boy roam and play. Even better, there is a Starbucks on the third floor ;)

 Barnes and Noble Bethesda

If you get a chance to visit your local bookstore- check out their child play area or their weekly story time for kids. You might be surprised at what you find....I was!

For a Barnes and Noble near you, check out: Barnes & Noble.com


No comments:

Post a Comment