Sunday, March 17, 2013

Road to 10K: A Not So Saturday Run

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Well, this past week has pretty much been a bust for me in terms of my workouts and training. I've been pretty sick, along with the kids - and everyone else in town for that matter. Its been a long week! Life sometimes brings us detours and we have to handle them the best way we know how. With that being said, every single workout/run was put on hold to try and rest and get better. When it comes to your immune system - rest is a must! I don't sit still very well on an average day, so when my body is telling me to relax - I do. For my "Saturday" Run this week I was to do 4 miles so instead of accomplishing that yesterday, I waited until day 3 of antibiotics and a day where I actually feel like a normal person. So here we are today - Sunday. It happens to be St. Patty's Day and the start of a new week so I chose to cut myself some slack - but now its time to kick it into gear. Lets go!


I set off for the gym this morning a bit sluggish, but motivated to get it done. Four miles is what I needed to do and 4 miles was what I was to accomplish. I completed it in 38 min - Not bad for a week long slacker :) It just goes to show that no matter what your setback may be...there is always a moment where you just get back up and go. The most important thing for me this last week wasn't to over exert myself - it was to rest. And rest is what I did!

I'm excited to move on to tomorrow - only a few more weeks left!

PS: Congrats to all the DC Rock N' Roll 1/2 Marathoners out there who ran yesterday! Job well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment