Saturday, March 23, 2013

Road to 10K: Spring Break Saturday Run

Welcome to Spring!

Today is the first day of Spring Break and finally it actually feels like it outside...at least for today. It made running 5 miles a little easier with the sun shining on my face and a cool breeze in the air. After a week and a half of being sick - it felt good, really good to be outdoors and getting back on track. Just the other day I had to run 4 miles on a treadmill with no music (I forgot my headphones) - that was awful!
I wasn't sure if I would accomplish today's goal because I had a little too much fun at a girls night last night. We were up late and had a few cocktails to celebrate new babies, new mommies, and old friends. To be honest, I felt a little dehydrated this morning. I knew I should have drank more water before going to bed, as well as a sufficient amount when I woke up. I just didn't and I could feel it on my run. Dehydration can lead to fatigue, loss of coordination, and muscle cramping - all things to avoid during a run (or any other time for that matter). I could tell it was a little harder to breathe during my run and I knew exactly why. I knew if I was properly hydrated as I should be it would have been a bit smoother. Never the less, I stuck to my motto of keep on moving and luckily with the beautiful day I finished - and it felt great!

Top 10 Running Songs on my iPod right now:
  1. Fun - Some Nights
  2. Poison - Talk Dirty to Me
  3. Poison - Fallen Angel
  4. Kid Rock - Born Free
  5. Carrie Underwood - Good Girl
  6. Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
  7. Pistol Annies - Hell on Heels
  8. Katy Perry - Teenage Dream
  9. Gwen Stefani - Sweet Escape
  10. Journey - Faithfully
Enjoy your Spring Break and try to get outside if you can. I am jealous of all those heading out on vacation...my Spring Break Saturday Run will have to do for now!

For more info on the importance of water check out my blog post: Water...And Those Other Drinks

If interested, I also found this great article from the American Council on Exercise in regards to proper hydration. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment