Tuesday, April 9, 2013

GOTR: Bananas - A Portable Fruit

Happy Tuesday!

And welcome to warm weather...what a great day for a run!

One of the most perfect fruits for anyone, especially runners, is a banana. I don't know many people who don't love bananas. I think they're good for breakfast, lunch, or dinner - or best of all snack. I found this chart below about all of the wonderful health benefits of bananas and I thought I would pass along. Such a simple fruit can do so much for your well being. Bananas are one of those fruits you can't use the excuse of expensive, inconvenient or messy - you can take them anywhere with you. Anyone from babies through adults can enjoy this versatile snack. 


If your bananas become too ripe before you get a chance to eat them- peel, slice and place in zip-loc bag in freezer for a quick addition to any smoothie. Or, grab your GOTR girl and make a family banana bread or muffin recipe. Yum! Bananas are one of the reasons I'm at the grocery store so often - we can't keep them in the house.

With all of these wonderful health benefits, who wouldn't want to grab a banana everyday! 
For more information on how powerful of a fruit bananas are, click here.

Girls on the Run Newsletter Week 6: http://www.girlsontherun.org/
My Personal Blog: Choices: Nutrition.Life.Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment