Thursday, April 18, 2013

Raising Little Girls

There are so many things I want to teach my girls - from honesty, to compassion, to self-confidence, loyalty - you name it. Raising a girl is tough because there are so many outside influences that can bring them down. They're emotional, sensitive, but most of all lovable. I'm so thankful at how much time I get to spend with my girls. I spend alot of time thinking about what I will say to them when certain life unexpectedness happens - whether it be a tough time with friends, not making a sports team, or loosing a loved one. All of these are bound to happen and I want to instill all of the proper things my girls need to eventually work it out themselves. Knowing I'll be there with them every step of the way...Or even if I'm not here, they'll know what to do.

I started a journal a few years back - not journaling my everyday, but writing down tips of things I want my girls to learn throughout the years - I believe there is something in there for everyone. We are always saying how crazy and busy our lives are - but we only have one life so we better make the best of it. I'm trying my damnedest to do so!

My sweet Hadley & Grace

We have been lucky so far - we have a home, our health, and our family. Not all of our friends have been so lucky. Some have lost parents, siblings, and even children. Through all of the tears and sadness does comes joy - through memories, keepsakes, new babies, and a new appreciation of life. I want my kids to enjoy life before its too late. I want them to embrace each day and appreciate all that they have. Although life hands us many choices to make on our own - good or bad, life happens to us whether we want it to or not. I have certainly learned to rid my life of negativity and try look at the good in all things (as much as possible).

I will be posting some of my journal entries to my girls in this blog - hoping for them to be life lessons for all of us. They are almost a wish to myself that I had these words of wisdom when I was growing up. I think, as parents, we do the best we can with what we have, but there is always room to grow and learn. I believe we can all learn from each other.

Life may not be fair sometimes, but life is good. We must remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment