Saturday, April 13, 2013

Road to 10K: Final Saturday Run

Its amazing how good you feel when you get a FULL 8 hours of sleep - its priceless! I think that was the first time in 18 months that has happened. Seriously. Anyway, today was my final Saturday run before the 10K which meant I had 7 miles of open road ahead of me. Although living in a suburb of a larger city that means lots of side streets, major intersections, and dodging construction vehicles. I had the best of luck this morning though - it is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous outside. A brisk 70 degrees and sunny. I could not have asked for a better morning to run a peaceful finale to my Road to my first 10K. And I did it!

I have to honestly say, I wasn't sure how I would find the time to work everything out with the different recommended runs and workout scheduled for training. And of course, there will always be set backs with kids, school, sports, or even injuries. You just have to know that going into it and know everything will work itself out. My advice would simply be to take a day off if you need to, but always get right back up and keep on going. You'll be so thankful you did.

One of my favorite sayings ever!

Love this saying so much! These words are so true and so relevant for the time we live in. Life seems as busy as ever, but we don't want to forget what we (as moms) love to do and what we enjoy. Running is something that gives me pride, energy, and most of all - sanity. I am very proud of myself for making this commitment and I can't wait for the next challenge -who's with me?!

No comments:

Post a Comment