Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Mommy Lifesaver #5: Good Nite Lite

Like most parents, I have had trouble with my children waking up at all hours of the night. The worst offender being around 5am when they think its morning and time for breakfast. Thats just way too early for me! After a few nights in her new big girl bed, my daughter Grace (2 1/2 at the time) had realized that when she woke up she could get out of bed to come see mommy and daddy. Although very self-sufficient, waking up at 5am was not mine or my husbands idea of a good start time to the day. And frankly, Grace was still tired too. Still being so little, the thought of teaching her to tell time was out of the question - thats when I found the Good Nite Lite. Its one of the greatest mommy lifesavers I have ever purchased...and I still stand by it to this day!

Out of package. Not plugged in.

The Good Nite Lite is a small plug in night light for your child with no digital time to read on it. It has a combination of a Sun & Moon on the face and when its night time the moon lights up in blue and when its morning the sun lights up in yellow. The parent sets the timer - so we did 7pm night time and 7am morning time. This was my kids schedule so it worked great for us (tweak it to your own routine) and we did this up until she could read a digital clock. We then passed it on to my now 3 year old....and it worked like a charm.

I have recommend it to numerous parents over the years and I don't know anyone that was disappointed.  Obviously, your child is going to go through phases of sickness, nightmares or bathroom accidents that will cause their sleep to be disrupted, but I have found that this night light has saved us some valuable sleep time - on both the child and parent end. I urge every parent out there to check it out...you might just gain a few extra moments of sleep!



No comments:

Post a Comment